Bowl Ontario Tenpin YBC Triple Teams Championships
The YBC Triple Teams Championships is a tournament where teams are comprised of one (1) Bantam bowler, one (1) Junior bowler, and one (1) Senior bowler. Each team can comprised of Girls, Boys or Mixed. This tournament is bowled using the pins-over-average system and culminates to a provincial championship.
League Entry Deadline: November 18, 2019
|Average Date||October 5, 2019 - minimum of 12 games of current season at October 5, 2019
(if 12 games are not bowled use highest YEAR-END average of previous season)
|League Qualifying Round||October 6 to October 19, 2019|
|House Finals||November 2 to November 10, 2019|
|Zone Finals||December 7 or 8, 2019 (Average as at November 11, 2019)|
|Provincial Finals||Sunday, January 26, 2020 at University Lanes in Dundas|
All registered YBC bowlers are invited to compete in the League Qualifying Round of the YBC Triple Teams Championships providing they pay the entry fee of $4.00 (awards fee) plus $2.00 (scholarship fee). A League MUST submit a minimum entry fee of $60.00 plus $2.00 per bowler in order to advance teams to the Zone Finals. ie: you have 9 entries & 9 bowlers you would submit $60.00 plus $18.00 for a total of $78.00, if you have 18 entries & 18 bowlers you would submit $72.00 plus $36.00 for a total of $108.00. Please note that House Champion awards are discontinued this year. Any dollars not used for awards will go towards the scholarships.
Formation of Teams
- After entry fees have been collected, all eligible competitors are to be separated into the following three (3) age divisions.
BANTAM: 11 years of age and under at August 1, 2019
JUNIOR: 12 to 14 years of age at August 1,2019
SENIOR: 15 to 21 years of age at August 1, 2019
- Establish the age division that has the lowest number of paid entries. For example:
Bantams: 20 Juniors: 15 Seniors: 10
This example reveals that the Senior Division has the lowest number of paid entries at 10, therefore the number of teams that can compete in the House Finals would be ten (10).
- In the event that YBC registrations are low or non-existent in a given age division, the Program Director will be allowed to complete the field by advancing bowlers upward from a lower age division to fill the void in the higher divisions (i.e. Juniors to compete as Seniors) so that each and every YBC league has the opportunity to participate and/or increase the number of teams for the House Finals.
All registered YBC bowlers who have paid the $6.00 entry fee will be eligible to compete in the League Qualifying Round, which is to be held between Saturday, October 6 and Sunday October 19, 2019. Since the number of games played during regular league play may vary (Bantams may play 2 games, whereas Juniors & Seniors play 3 games), the number of games to be played in the League Qualifying Round in each age division is left to the discretion of the Program Director. Bowl ahead scores are permitted. The pins-over-average system, based on the minimum of 12 games bowled at October 5, 2019 is to be used to determine the qualifiers who will compete as teams in the House Finals. (If, 12 games are not bowled use the highest YEAR-END average of the previous season).
Example: The Bantam, Junior and Senior bowlers who scored the most pins over his or her average in the League Qualifying Round will make up TEAM #1, the runner-up Bantam, Junior and Senior bowlers will make up TEAM #2, and so on, until the previously determined number of qualifying teams for the House Finals has been reached.
The second phase of the Triple Teams Championships is the House Final, which is to be held between Saturday, November 2, 2019 and Sunday November 10, 2019, with the exact date and time to be set by each bowling centre.
Three (3) games must be bowled, with the Team(s) that score the most pins over their combined average being declared the House Champions and who will advance to the Zone Finals.
To provide an incentive for centres with large entries in the tournament, a league has the option of advancing additional teams to the Zone Finals based on the following ratio:
- 1 to 3 entries – 1 team will advance
- 4 to 6 entries – 2 teams will advance
- 7 to 9 entries – 3 team will advance
- and so on in increments of 3
At the conclusion of the House Finals, please complete and submit the remittance form along with payment to the Bowl Ontario Tenpn office or email to email@example.com. Please be sure to note on the remittance form each bowler’s average as of November 11, 2019. In addition, ALL BOWLERS MUST BRING PROOF OF AVERAGE TO BE SUBMITTED FOR VERIFICATION, they may also be sent with the remittance.
NOTE: Bowl Ontario Tenpin now accepts Interac E-Transfers to firstname.lastname@example.org, it has been set up for automatic deposit, so a security question and password will not be necessary.
MAILING DEADLINE FOR THE HOUSE FINAL REMITTANCE FORM IS MONDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2019.
The advancing team(s) from the House Finals will compete in the Zone Finals, which will be held on either Saturday, December 7, 2019 or Sunday, December 8, 2019. In case of conflict the Zone Finals can be changed to one week prior or one week after the specified date above, provided Program Directors are given at least 60 days advance notice.
Three (3) games MUST be bowled, with the First (1st) and Second (2nd) place Teams scoring the most pins over their combined average being declared the Zone Champions. Zone Champions will receive a Zone Champion Award, plus earn the right to compete in the Provincial Championships. The First (1st) place Team will also receive scholarship dollars. Each bowler competing in the Zone Finals is required to pay the applicable lineage fee based on $4.50 per game per bowler (HST included).
All Zone Champions will compete in the Provincial Finals of the Bowl Ontario Tenpin YBC Triple Teams Championships to be held on Sunday, January 26, 2020, with the location yet to be determined.
Four (4) games will be bowled with the team scoring the most pins over their combined average being declared Provincial Champions. The three (3) top teams will receive a Provincial Champion award and scholarship dollars will also be awarded at a minimum to the 1st place Team.
Teams must submit proof of average as at January 5, 2020 to the Bowl Ontario Tenpin office.
Rules & Regulations
- The Bowl Ontario Tenpin YBC Triple Teams Championships are open to all Youth Bowlers who are registered with YBC.
- YBC members must compete in the Bowling Centre where they are registered unless a transfer prior to the House Qualifying Round has been approved by the Bowl Ontario Tenpin Board.
- YBC members are not permitted to enter this tournament more than once.
- ALL general playing rules of the Canadian Tenpin Federation (CTF) will be in effect were YBC rules are not specified.
- AVERAGE ADJUSTMENT – Team averages will be adjusted at each stage of the competition following the House Finals. If current total average is higher than previously submitted. Bowlers MUST provide proof of average at each stage.
- Scores and averages of all winners at any phase of the competition will be checked and authenticated. Any falsification or misrepresentation of scores and / or averages, knowingly or unknowingly, will result in immediate disqualification of the entire team.
- In the event of a tie or ties at any stage of the competition, a one-game roll-off MUST be held using the pins-over-average system to determine the winner.
- SUBSTITUTION – Should a member of a team be unable to advance to the next phase substitution will be allowed. The runner-up bowler from the same age division who competed in the League Qualifying Round may replace the bowler(s).
- PROTEST RULE – Protests at any level of the competition shall be brought to the attention of the Tournament Director immediately upon the infraction. If, no satisfactory decision can be reached at this point, the protest is to be submitted in writing to Bowl Ontario Tenpin within forty-eight (48) hours of said tournament
- DRESS RULE – The dress rule at the House Level is at the discretion of the Program and / or Tournament Director(s), to be clearly announced a minimum of two (2) weeks prior. Competitors and Coaches at the Zone Finals must be attired in a YBC identified bowling shirt* or a shirt with a collar. Bottom Portion is relaxed, no track / jogging pants, no jeans with rips, tears or holes and non-revealing shorts or skirts. It is intended that bowlers will be modest and respectful. The Dress Rule for competitors at the Provincial Finals will differ please make sure that your bowlers that advance are made aware & that they read the rules prior to the event. We have had bowlers at the Provincial Finals who did not adhere to the Dress Code and whose parents needed to go buy pants in order for them to compete.
No hats, caps or any other type of headgear, unless required for medical or religious reasons.
*NOTE: A YBC identified bowling shirt shall be any garment, regardless of style, make, fabric or color that covers the upper portion of the body, providing one of the following graphics is screening or embroidered on the back or front of the shirt, and providing the shirt is issued and / or approved by the Bowling Centre: THE OFFICIAL YBC LOGO or THE NAME OF THE BOWLING CENTRE or LEAGUE.
Bowler who fail to adhere to these rules may not be allowed to compete.
- In case of dispute, the decision of the Tournament Director and / or Committee shall be final.
Conducted by: Bowl Ontario Tenpin
All payments to be submitted to
Bowl Ontario Tenpin, c/o Bowlerama Royale
2086 Dundas Street
London, ON N5V 1R2
Attn: Karen Labord
Interac E-Transfers: email@example.com
YBC Triples Remittance Form
Average Sheets MUST accompany this form.