Entry Mailing Deadline: Monday, February 24, 2020
|Average Date||January 26, 2020 (with a minimum of 21 games)|
|House Qualifying Round||Monday, January 27 to Sunday, February 16, 2020|
|Zone Finals||Sat. Mar. 7 or Sun. Mar. 8, 2020 (Average Date as of Feb. 17, 2020)|
|Provincial Finals||Sunday, April 5, 2020 at Bowlerama Barrie in Barrie|
The entry fee is $10.00 (HST included) per team ($6.00 for Youth ($4.00 awards fee & $2.00 scholarship fee) and $4.00 for Adults (awards fee), plus the prevailing lineage rate at the House Qualifying Round. The lineage for the Zone Finals is $4.75 (HST included) per team per game. ($4.50 per game for Youth & $5.00 per game for Adults). A League MUST submit a minimum awards fee of $60.00 plus $2.00 per youth bowler in order to advance teams to the Zone Finals. ie: you have 5 teams & 5 youth bowlers you would submit $60.00 plus $10.00 for a total of $70.00, if you have 20 teams & 10 youth bowlers you would submit $160.00 plus $20.00 for a total of $180.00. Please note that House Champion awards are discontinued this year. Any dollars not used for awards will go towards the scholarships.
The YBC Ontario Twosomes consist of three (3) phases:
a) House Qualifying Round, b) Zone Finals and c) Provincial Finals
Four (4) games will be played at both the House Qualifying Round and the Zone Finals, whereas the Provincial Finals will consist of six (6) games in each of the six (6) Divisions. At each step of the competition the SCOTCH DOUBLES SYSTEM is to be utilized whereby the youth bowler and adult partner alternate in delivering the ball down the lane throughout the ten (10) frames of a game with the youth bowler starting each game.
Competitors MUST bowl on alternate lanes for each frame during a game and move to a different pair of lanes after each game.
Formation of Teams
Teams will consist of a YBC bowler, and any adult 21 years of age or older as of August 1, 2019. The Youth bowler must participate in their respective division, and will bowl with an Adult that will be categorized into one of two classes. This will result in a total of six (6) divisions (Bantam Class 1 & Class 2, Junior Class 1 & Class 2, and Senior Class 1 & Class 2. The Adult divisions are as follows:
Class 1: Non-League Bowler - A person who has not bowled in a league in the last two years (including the current season).
Class 2: League Bowler - A person who has bowled in a league in the last two years. If currently bowls in a league, and has a minimum of 12 games bowled, then you must use the highest current average as of January 26, 2020. If the person last bowled in a league in the 2018/19 season, then use their highest year-ending average.
BANTAM (Boy or Girl): 11 years of age and under as of August 1, 2019
JUNIOR (Boy or Girl): 12 through 14 years of age as of August 1, 2019
SENIOR (Boy or Girl): 15 through 21 years of age as of August 1, 2019
Class 1: Youth bowler receives 80% of the difference between their highest YBC league average as of January 26, 2020, and 200 per game. This number is then cut in half due to the bowler only bowling half of a game.
Class 2: Adult and Youth both receive 80% of the difference between their highest league average as of January 26, 2020, and 200 per game. Each number is then cut in half due to the bowler only bowling half of a game, and the two numbers are added together.
The initial step of the YBC Ontario Twosome Tournament is the House Qualifying Round, which is to be held between Monday, January 27 and Sunday, February 16, 2020, with the exact dates and times to be set by each Bowling Centre. Four (4) games must be bowled with the winning team(s) based on total pinfall including handicap, in each of the six (6) divisions, using the aforementioned format, advancing to the second phase.
To provide an incentive for centres with large entries per division in the tournament, a league has the option of advancing additional teams to the Zone Finals based on the following ratio:
- 1 to 5 entries per division – 1 team will advance
- 6 to 10 entries per division – 2 teams will advance
- 11 to 15 entries per division – 3 teams will advance
- And so on in increments of 5
EXAMPLE: Bantam Class 1 Division – 10 entries, 2 teams advance
Junior Class 2 Division – 5 entries, 1 team advances
Senior Class 1 Division – 12 entries, 3 teams advance
At the conclusion of the House Qualifying Round, please complete and submit the remittance form along with payment to the Bowl Ontario Tenpin office or email to Karen@bowlontariotenpin.ca. Please be sure to note on the remittance form each bowler’s average as of Monday, February 17, 2020. ALL BOWLERS MUST BRING PROOF OF AVERAGE TO BE SUMITTED FOR VERIFICATION, they may also be sent with the remittance.
NOTE: Bowl Ontario Tenpin now accepts Interac E-Transfers to email@example.com, it has been set up for automatic deposit, so a security question and password will not be necessary.
MAILING DEADLINE FOR THE HOUSE QUALIFYING ROUND REMITTANCE IS MONDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2020
All teams advancing from the House Qualifying Round will compete in the Zone Finals, which will be held on either Saturday, March 7 or Sunday, March 8, 2020. In case of conflict the Zone Finals can be changed to one week prior or one week after the specified date above, provided Program Directors are given at least 60 days advance notice.
Four (4) games must be bowled, with the winning teams, based on total pinfall including handicap in each of the six (6) divisions, earning the right to compete at the Provincial Finals. Zone Champions will receive a Zone Champion Award, with the Youth also receiving scholarship. Each team competing in the Zone Finals is required to pay the applicable lineage fee based on $4.75 per game (HST included).
All Zone Champions will compete in the Provincial Finals of the Bowl Ontario Tenpin YBC Ontario Twosome Tournament to be held on Sunday, April 5, 2020 at Bowlerama Barrie in Barrie.
Six (6) games will be bowled in each of the six (6) divisions with the top three (3) teams in each of the six (6) divisions, based on total pinfall including handicap each receiving Provincial Champion awards and scholarship dollars will be awarded at minimum to the 1st place Youth in each of the six (6) divisions.
Teams must submit proof of average as of Monday, March 29, 2020 to the Bowl Ontario Tenpin office.
Rules & Regulations
- The Bowl Ontario Tenpin YBC Ontario Twosome Tournament is open to all Youth bowlers who are registered with YBC,
- YBC members must compete in the bowling centre where they are registered, unless a transfer prior to the start of the House Qualifying Round has been approved by Bowl Ontario Tenpin and must have bowled a minimum of 12 games at January 26, 2020.
- YBC members and Adult bowlers are not permitted to enter this tournament more than once.
- ALL general playing rules of the Canadian Tenpin Federation (CTF) will be in effect were YBC rules are not specified.
- AVERAGE ADJUSTMENT – Team averages will be adjusted at the Zone and Provincial Finals, if, current average is higher than previously submitted. Bowlers MUST provide proof of average at both the Zone and Provincial Finals, if not previously submitted.
- Scores and averages of all winners at any phase of the competition will be checked and authenticated. Any falsification or misrepresentation of scores and / or averages, knowingly or unknowingly, will result in immediate disqualification of the team.
- In the event of a tie or ties at any phase of the competition, a one-game roll-off MUST be held using the aforementioned format to determine the winner(s).
- SUBSTITUTION – In the event that a team or individual member of a team (adult or youth bowler) is unable to advance to the next phase, SUBSTITION WITHIN THE TEAM WILL NOT BE ALLOWED. In order to complete the field, the next team in the standings shall advance to the next phase of the competition.
Exception: In the event there is only one (1) team in a division, substitution of the adult bowler only will be permitted. The replacement bowler must be the same class and must not have already participated in the tournament.
- PROTEST RULE – Protests at any level of the competition shall be brought to the attention of the Tournament Director immediately upon the infraction. If, no satisfactory decision can be reached at this point, the protest is to be submitted in writing to Bowl Ontario Tenpin within forty-eight (48) hours of said tournament.
- DRESS RULE – The dress code for the House Qualifying Round is at the discretion of the Program and/or Tournament Director(s), to be clearly announced a minimum of two (2) weeks prior. Competitors and Coaches at the Zone Finals must be attired in a YBC identified bowling shirt* or a shirt with a collar. Bottom portion is relaxed, no track / jogging pants, no jeans with rips, tears or holes and non-revealing shorts or skirts. It is intended that bowlers will be modest and respectful. The dress code for competitors at the Provincial Finals will differ, please make sure that your bowlers that advance (including adults) are made aware & that they read the rules prior to the event. We have had bowlers at the Provincial Finals who did not adhere to the dress code & needed to go purchase pants in order for them to bowl.
No hats, caps or any type of headgear, unless required for medical or religious reasons.
*NOTE: A YBC identified bowling shirt shall be any garment, regardless of style, make, fabric or color that covers the upper portion of the body, providing one of the following graphics is screened or embroidered on the back or front of the shirt, and providing the shirt is issued and / or approved by the Bowling Centre: THE OFFICIAL YBC LOGO or THE NAME OF THE BOWLING CENTRE or LEAGUE.
Bowlers who fail to adhere to these rules may not be allowed to compete.
- In case of dispute, the decision of the Tournament Director and / or Committee shall be final.
Conducted by: Youth Bowl Ontario Tenpin (Bowl Ontario Tenpin)
All payments to be submitted to
Bowl Ontario Tenpin, c/o Bowlerama Royale
2086 Dundas Street
London, ON N5V 1R2
Attn: Karen Labord
Interac E-Transfer: firstname.lastname@example.org
House Qualifying Round Remittance Form
Average Sheets MUST accompany this form.